Friday, September 2, 2011

Peachtastic Granitas

With the week winding down, the inevitable "blah" feeling of knowing that vacation is just about over starts to creep in.  I picked up a few pounds of peaches yesterday, with hopes of canning them. However, I found myself not in the mood for yet more jam, at least today.

What to do, what to do...

Yup. Drink time!! I've made these several times before, and it seemed like the perfect drink for an extended weekend, spent with friends. The recipe was one I picked up on Bitchin Kitchen's blog, and modified slightly to allow for a bit more fruit fun, and booze:)





Ingredients
2 cups water
1  1/2 lbs peaches (fresh, unpeeled)
3 to 4 nectarines 
(fresh, unpeeled)
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
1 1/2 cups Champagne



The original recipe and instructions can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment