Friday, August 12, 2011

How Did I Get Here?

As I start this blog, I can't help but ask this question.

As someone who is inherently more at home with computers and not at all domestic, the last year or so has definitely been a step outside of the norm. While I used to read computer books for fun, I'm now up to my elbows in fruits, dehydrators, cans, jars, yeast, and pectin.

It's odd, me in the kitchen. Yet somehow, I have gotten so much fun out of my culinary endeavors. Some things work out well (my first batch of mead, just opened after 8 months - the hubby loves it); other things don't work out so well (my mixed berry 'syrup', which refused to can, and was nothing like syrup). Still, it's these ups and downs which I am finding incredibly fun.

The other odd thing is that many of the things I create, I don't eat. I don't know why, but there are certain things I won't touch. I know my husband likes them, so...I guess in a sense he gets to be my guinea pig.

The family, I think, believes that this little journey will somehow be just another fad of mine. Perhaps it will be, who knows? But, I think that a 18 months is enough time to get over it. This blog, for the time being, will be a history of my escapades...fad, or no.

No comments:

Post a Comment